How To Level Up Your Instagram Game With Dollar Eighty
I’ve recently stumbled upon Dollar Eighty, and there wasn’t any better time to test it than with my new Instagram account. I know it is a bit ridiculous, but as a digital marketer, I was always deep into other people’s social media accounts, and I did not feel the need to have my own one – until recently. So, here I come with a baby Instagram account that I am happily nurturing with quality content.
There are so many black hat tricks for Instagram that I don’t see the point in using as buying followers only add to vanity metrics which adds nothing to your bottom line. Not to talk about the risk you are taking with fake followers filling your account with junk, or even worst, getting blocked by Instagram. Dollar Eighty is legit, and linked to Gary Vaynechuk, I felt this was a good start. Let’s have a look at Dollar Eighty in detail:
So…What Is Dollar Eighty?
Dollar Eighty is an Instagram growth strategy formulated by world-leading marketer Gary Vaynerchuk. He suggests leaving your 2 cents (opinion) on 9 posts for 10 different hashtags.
0.02 Cents X 9 Posts X 10 Hashtags = $1.80
How to Use Dollar Eighty
Download the Chrome extension here and create your account. Dollar Eighty only works on desktop, but hopefully, just for now and later, we will have more options…
Linking Your IG To Dollar Eighty Account Is Safe And Easy:
- Open Instagram in a new Chrome tab
- Log into the Instagram account you want to use
- Go back to Dollar Eighty, and it will automatically be connected to your Instagram, (If it doesn’t connect straight away, just hit refresh)
How To Get Started
1. Set Up Your Targeting
You will be targeting your ideal customers where they are and through what they are doing with the following targets: Hashtags, Locations and Profiles. You can filter your Posts page with these targets and find content that fits your niche. To set them up, you need to click on the Targets tab and fill in the targets you want to use.
- Hashtags: Remember, be thoughtful about your hashtags and don’t go for the most generic ones. Do some research, and as you go, you will also receive automatic recommendations. If you are stuck with what hashtags to use, go check out this Handy Guide to Hashtags.
- Locations: as a Premium Dollar Eighty user, you will have access to this target, and you can find cities, countries and venues that are important to you.
- Profiles: target either specific IG accounts or profile types that align with your niche. You can check out your competitors or find inspiration from others in your niche.
- Posts: The Posts page has all your personalised content according to your Targets. You can switch between Recent and Top posts and filter through your Hashtags, Locations and Profiles.As you change between different Target Collections, you will have more variation for what you can engage with.
The Explore page is the place to go to find some inspiration and when you are looking for something that is not directly linked to your targets. I recommend spending some time here regularly so that you can think outside the box and find new accounts to connect with.
The History page tracks your overall progress by showing which posts you have commented on in the past.
- Comments Completed Today: Shows the posts you commented on.
- Comments Queued: Shows comments waiting in the queue to be posted. Your comments are not going all out at the same time. I like this feature as it gives me peace of mind that I am not messing with the Algyrythms coming across as a bot or spammer with too many comments at the same time.
- Old Comments: all the posts you have commented on in the past.
This feature allows Dollar Eighty users to build communities. You can connect with like-minded people here. You can also find inspiration for new content, share targets and engage with your own niche. I recommend joining some groups, or you can even make your own if you can’t find what you are looking for.
5. Connect With Your Niche
Dollar Eighty is all about connecting with your niche and having meaningful conversations with other accounts. Leaving comments that are not just a line of emojis helps you to connect with others beyond what you’ve done until now:
- Comment With Care
How and what you comment is by far the most crucial part of your engagement. You have to make sure that you avoid commenting like a bot. It is super important that you don’t just fire out the same comment to everyone, but that you actually write new and personalised comments on each post. This will help ensure that your target market will want to respond to your comments and engage with you.
- Be Genuine
Dollar Eighty delivers you a pile of accounts that would be otherwise very time-consuming to find. However, you have to put in the work too. Whatever update Instagram is going through, the algorithm always loves the interaction with other accounts. By commenting and responding to comments is the best way to boost your engagement, and that’s what you should be doing.
Your comments should show that you’ve read the post, and you should always engage in a helpful and educated way, posting content that shows you have genuinely considered the post.
- Read Their Caption, Check Their Photo
Check the image, read the caption and write something related to either one or both. Genuine responses build genuine relationships.
- Queue Feature
This feature ensures that your comments are published over time and that your account doesn’t look like you are using a bot. You can track the comment publishing progress on the History page. I recommend leaving the tabs open on that account until all of the comments in the queue have cleared.
- Comments Changing Colour
You will see that your recorded comments change colour, and that is for you to see how often you’ve used each comment. When it’s time to change, those comments go grey, which is awesome because this is how Dollar Eighty ensures that you change up your comments regularly.
- Extra Tips: Your Account Size
Be strategic about your commenting. If you have a brand new account with no or only a few posts and few followers, take it slow on Dollar Eighty. Don’t send out hundreds of comments because you will have a good chance of being flagged as a fake account by IG.
These Are The Recommended Commenting Guidelines By Dollar Eighty For New And Small Accounts:
- Less than 100 followers: 30 comments per day
- Between 100 and 250 followers: 60 comments per day
- 250 followers or more: 90 comments per day
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
Dollar Eighty can make a very positive difference in your Instagram game, but you have to make sure you put in quality time and effort. Personalised comments and consistency are the absolute keys to success. If you found this article helpful, feel free to save it, share it, and pin it for later. If you want to learn more about Instagram, go and check out this recent article about How to build the Instagram algorithm.